Monday, March 10, 2014

The Journey Begins!

Well hello there!

You may know me from FriedRiceBANZAI, my tech/cars/fried rice blog! A little side hobby of mine is game development, specifically story telling!

I've decided to keep this part separate from my main blog to keep things nice and neat and easier to follow!

I've had this concept of a game for awhile now and I've seen some other games that seem similar to it. After my thoughts reached critical mass, I knew it was time to put this thing together! I won't give any clues yet to what it is to keep things interesting!

Developing a game takes a lot of time, effort and possibly moneys. I'll be relying on free sources for assets but will try to develop a lot of things myself to keep things unique. The game will be targeted for the mobile/tablet market as it's something you can do on the go or something to tuck into before bed.

It will be a learning curve to get back into coding since my main background is more tech hardware'y stuff. I have learnt Java, C and C++ in my tertiary studies and since then I've developed some command line games just for myself. I thought it was time to implement some better code and get sprites animated and happening!

So here goes!

Story I want to tell. Check.
Development environment. Check.
Magical Sword and Unicorn. Check.
Magical Sword and Unicorn. Uncheck. Okay, may not need this so much.
Time. Chec... We will see.

And so the journey begins......

No comments:

Post a Comment